John Kahen, M.D. – Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Doctor
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Doctor, John Kahen, M.D., is an experienced and skilled surgeon as well as the founder and medical director of Beverly Hills Hair Restoration.
Thousands of patients have trusted Dr. Kahen with their surgical and non-surgical hair restoration procedure, including celebrities and those who have traveled from another state or country for his expertise.
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Doctor, John Kahen, M.D. decided to focus his career exclusively on hair loss prevention and restoration in 2007. Since that time, Dr. Kahen has implanted more than 10 million hair follicles.
Education and Experience of Dr. Kahen
After graduating from high school at age 15, John Kahen, M.D. went on to earn his Bachelor of Science in Psychobiology from the University of California at Los Angeles and went on to earn his medical degree from Ross School of Medicine. With a history of work including general surgery and transplant surgery, Dr. Kahen focused his expertise to the field of Hair Restoration nearly a decade ago and is a proud to be a current member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
John Kahen, M.D. authored a patient handbook entitled Your New Hairline that educates patients about their hair restoration options and discusses details of various types of surgery. When you choose to have hair restoration surgery at the Beverly Hills Hair Restoration clinic, you can feel confident knowing that Dr. Kahen and his team of highly skilled technicians schedule only one hair transplant procedure per day in order to make sure they have ample time to spend with each patient. This assures them of the time they need to produce perfect results. Beverly Hills Hair Restoration offers a free consultation to anyone who wants dealing with hair loss.
Services Offered at Beverly Hills Hair Restoration
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration, located in Beverly Hills California, offers a solution for every degree and type of hair loss. Most of our male patients suffer from a hereditary condition called male pattern baldness that causes partial or complete baldness over time. Our female clientele typically have thinning hair rather than bald patches. Thinning hair in men and women can occur due to illness, hormone deficiencies, and even stress. Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Doctor John Kahen may recommend one of the following surgical procedures for those with significant balding:
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT)
Commonly known as the strip harvesting method, for this procedure, Dr. Kahen removes a strip of skin from a donor area (typically the back of the scalp). This donor strip is then harvested for healthy hair follicles that can be transferred to the balding areas. Strip harvesting does leave you with a linear scar on your scalp, but hair re-growth and Dr. Kahen’s expert surgical skills disguise it to the point of being nearly indistinguishable.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
This surgical hair restoration procedure in Beverly Hills California also transfers hair from more prominent areas to balding ones, but Dr. Kahen uses a different technique for it. Instead of removing a strip of skin, he makes several one-millimeter circular punches to obtain individual hair follicles. This procedure is most appropriate for repair of previous transplants and body hair transplants. John Kahen, M.D. typically does not use it when you require a large number of follicle transfers.
- Beard and Eyebrow Restoration
- If your beard, sideburn, facial, or eyebrow hair is not as thick as you would like or missing altogether, speak to experienced Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Doctor John Kahen about a simple outpatient procedure. Dr. Kahen uses the strip method or FUE to obtain hairs for transplant and then trims them down under a microscope to achieve the fine textured required for a completely natural look.
- ACell with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- A non-surgical procedure that uses the healing power of stem cells and your body’s own blood platelets to stimulate new hair growth. PRP is loaded with proteins and growth factors that travel directly to the follicles upon injection. John Kahen, M.D. retrieves platelet rich plasma from a blood sample you provide and isolates it in a centrifuge. When combined with ACell therapy, this procedure jump starts your hair re-growth efforts. You can achieve full, thick hair without surgery by completing up to three sessions per week for several months.
- HairMax Laser Comb
- Laser therapy is an excellent treatment for men and women who are just starting to lose their hair. With this treatment, Dr. Kahen uses a device that emits energy to increase cell production at the cutaneous level. It also increases blood flow and circulation, both of which are necessary to stimulate dormant hair follicles to produce new hairs. You can learn more about HairMax LaserComb during your free consultation at Beverly Hills Hair Restoration.
Contact the Beverly Hills Hair Restoration clinic today to learn more about the cutting edge hair restoration and hair transplant procedures available. Dr. Kahen strives to help his patients feel the confidence of a full, healthy head of hair, and has dedicated his practice and medical expertise to providing the best hair restoration services available today.